Last year, we established the awards for Outstanding Commons Contributors and selected those members of the communities that had the most impactful contributions over the course of the year. This year, we adjusted the nomination process to allow members of the community to nominate their peers. Thank you to those who took time to send in nominations and kind words about their peers. We received many wonderful nominations from the community, and worked with our moderators to select this year's Outstanding Commons Contributors.
The 2012 Outstanding Commons Contributor recipients are:
- Josh Bergstrom, Salk Institute, Banner Finance
- Jennifer Boettger, Cornell College, PowerCAMPUS Advancement
- Zach Hayes, Georgia Institute of Technology, DegreeWorks and TreQ
- Jim Olick, Johnson & Wales University, Banner Financial Aid
- Ali Penton, University of West Florida, Banner Human Resources
- Erik Schmitz, Arizona State University, International Students & Scholars
- Lisa Skinner, Texas A&M Foundation, Advance Suite
- Adrian Smith, Northland International University, PowerCAMPUS
- Dave Smittle, Ohio Northern University, Banner Advancement
- Deno Tufares, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Banner Student
- Kevin Vaughn, Texas Tech University, Banner Document Management Suite
Please join me in congratulating this year's recipients. Without individuals like them who give of their time, experiences, and expertise, the Commons would not be the collaborative tool that it is today!