Enterprise Hive and its affiliates are committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit the edu1world.org website and individuals who register and use any of the communities hosted within the edu1world.org site. Maintaining your trust is important to us.
The mission of Enterprise Hive, dba edu1world (“edu1world”) is to connect the world’s global professionals who work with and care about technology in higher education. The mission of edu1world is fulfilled as members share information and help each other solve problems related to their work, find and list jobs, share best practices, learn, and make decisions based on research and data.
When you become a member of edu1world, we ask you to provide your first name, last name and professional email address. We also ask you to confirm your account. In order to participate in private communities, you may be required to provide additional information to validate your identity.
The amount of information that you share with your contacts, within edu1world and publicly is controlled by you. All sections of your edu1world profile, with the exception the Personal Information section, (i.e., first name, last name and middle name) have privacy settings that you can change at any time.
How We Collect Information
The majority of information collected is your professional contact information. This information is collected in forms on our website. When your information is collected, it is transmitted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We use common information-gathering tools such as Google Analytics and browser cookies to collect information from the computers or mobile devices of our website visitors. This information may be collected as users navigate the edu1world website and communities.
Your browser may provide you with information and control over cookies. You can set your browser to alert you when a cookie is being used and you can choose to accept or reject the cookie. Your browser can be set to refuse all cookies or accept cookies returned to the originating servers. You can generally disable cookie features without affecting the ability to use the site. In some cases, cookies maybe needed when they are used as an essential security feature necessary for transaction completion. Cookies are important to the functioning of a site and disabling them may degrade your experience or interfere with site features or settings.
We use standard website navigational information collected from your web browser such as the actions you take and the web pages viewed and links clicked. When you visit our website, we automatically receive the URL of the website from which you came from and the website to which you go after leaving our website. We also receive your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system, the type of web browser you are using, and your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Uses of Information
We use the information we collect from our website to provide and maintain our sites and communities, to protect you and your information and to protect our members and all hosted communities. We also use information to improve our services and to develop new ones.
We take reasonable steps to protect your profile information from unauthorized access and use. We take your privacy seriously; we do not sell, rent nor trade your personally identifiable information. We only provide information to third parties as described in this policy.
We adhere to the following regulations regarding information we collect from you and the uses of that information:
Your information is used by us to verify compliance with the Terms of Service Agreement between users, public and private communities and our websites where applicable.
- To provide system support and notification alerts.
- To process payment transactions. If required, we may need to share some of your information with credit card clearing houses or other third parties to complete your payment transactions.
- We do not store, copy, retain any credit card information.
- To comply with legal requirements. We will use reasonable efforts to limit the personal information we provide for these purposes.
- As a service to our members, we add your email address to our edu1world newsletter list. You have the ability to opt-out of the newsletter email at any time. The edu1world newsletter is comprised of a synopsis of new content on the site as well as a selection of job listings from the edu1 Career Center. Occasionally, we will send out emails for polls, surveys and other content we believe to be relevant to our users.
- We offer websites through public and private branded communities. These communities permit you to participate in interactive discussions, post comments and other content or otherwise engage in networking and sharing activities. We may access this information for technical support reasons.
- Your information may be accessed and stored in accordance with this policy and we may share your information with our agents or contractors to perform services for you. We require that any agent or contractor treats your information and limits its use in accordance with this policy.
- We do not control the content that members post to the sites and communities. You should carefully consider how you choose to submit personal information and how you set your profile privacy controls.
- We are not responsible for privacy policies or practices of third parties or public and private branded communities we host. Accessing third party links through this website is at your own risk.
Information We Share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent - we may share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Enterprise Hive only when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We may share your personal information with third parties such as service provides who assist us with payment processing services for your order.
- We may disclose your information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our right and/or to comply with judicial proceedings, legal processes or court orders.
Your Control/Your Choices
The amount of information that you share with your contacts, within edu1world hosted sites and what you share publicly is controlled by you. All sections of your edu1world profile, with the exception the Personal Information Section, (i.e., first name, last name and middle name) have privacy settings which can be changed by you at any time.
You may access and change your profile information and update any other professional details in your profile at any time. Your Alias once set (i.e., what shows in the browser bar and displayed for each post, document or wiki that you author) cannot be changed.
Information you share in posts, documents, audio, video and wiki documents is tagged, categorized, stored and made accessible to other members who have been granted permission to access the communities you participate in.
We provide open and private communities on the website. Any personal information (that is not controlled by your profile settings) that you choose to submit or post in such communities may be read, collected, or used by others who visit or are members of these communities. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit or post in any communities hosted by us.
We enable you to opt-out of our newsletter communication. You can-opt out of our newsletter by using our general unsubscribe automated link that is included in each communication.
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties, except as outlined in this policy.
Obligations of Users
The security of your information is very important to us. We work hard to project our site, communities and members. We have precautions, including appropriate administrative, technical and physical measures, to protect your information, the site and communities from unauthorized access. Members are solely responsible for protecting their passwords, limiting access to their computers and signing out of the services when not in use.
Canceling Your Membership
You may cancel your basic or premium (if applicable) membership in edu1world at any time. We do not remove your profile or other personally identifiable information from our website. You may access and change your profile information at any time. To remove information where text is required, you can use the word "deleted". This is effective only on a going-forward basis. We cannot delete your information that is already in existing posts and other data on the edu1world site. Depending upon the community, you may have the right to delete any posts, information or documents which you may have authored. We retain the right to certain data contributed by you, including your contact information, any posts you may have contributed or information shared. Information you have shared with other members, or that other members have copied, may also remain visible. edu1world disclaims any liability in relation to the deletion or retention (subject to the terms herein) of information or any obligation not to delete the information. In addition, edu1world has no control over when search engines update their cache, which may contain certain public profile information.
edu1 Research Center - Additional Uses of Information
In support of edu1world’s mission to connect the world’s global professionals who work with and care about technology in higher education, edu1word exclusively uses The Education Institution Technology Profile Database™ in the Edu1 Research Center Site/Community. The Education Institution Technology Profile Database™ is provided to the members of this community by The Tambellini Group, LLC.
The profile database provides information such as key administrative and academic systems selected plus other data such as enrollment, operating budget and other information on more than 18,900 global institutions including for-profit and adult education programs.
This service is heavily discounted to verified non-vendor higher education employees. All other users must purchase a regular paid membership for access.
If you become a member of the edu1 Research Center and if you are a higher education employee, you may choose to provide in your personal profile, your university affiliation contact information, job title or background information. If you opt-in, this information may be added to The Education Institution Technology Profile Database™.